Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day folks,

I got a 2014 YT624EJ that I bought last year. The thing is mint, literally.
After a good winter of work, I've changed the oil, add lubricant where needed and stored it in the shed.
When I took it out this w-e to bring it back in the garage, I noticed that the light wont turn on at all...
Any one of you familiar with this issue?

Everything is connected to the battery and the snowblower itself starts with the key no problem.

If no one had this issue, is there a service manual for this model hanging around?

Many thanks

·
Registered
3,181 Posts
It's a multiple LED lamp. This diagram is from the Yamaha service manual, pretty sure the LED is shown backwards in this diagram. Polarity are reversed.

It should be.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Take your voltage meter out and start probing.
I got one, but to be quite honnest I’m pretty limited when using it. The only thing I can do with it is to notice a dramatic change in the numbers once I touch different things of verify a battery voltage. Total improvisation otherwise...

·
Registered
3,181 Posts
So "shootmeink" did you trace that red/yellow wire? If your shoot still works it's not the ground, it has to be at the light connector or inside the light itself.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It was indeed the light. I found out how to use my test light and confirmed that power was Not the issue. Changed the light with an identical replica of the OEM but a 100$ cheaper and it works like a charm. If someone ends up on this thread for the same issue, here’s a good alternative for replacement.

Thanks for the help Coby. Its always fun to solve everyday issues with the help of people online.

Cheers!

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts