Snowblower Forum banner
61 - 80 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Just received this from my friends for my birthday...
View attachment 196524
I need one! Now. I want to inspect a DWV line. Have you used it? I have a phone endoscope and it's very dark, hard to see and distinguish things, I used it inside a wall and a duct. I did notice the same display picture for your Nidage is used for other names. Wonder now, who makes it, and who is Nidage.

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
I have a phone endoscope and it's very dark, hard to see and distinguish things
I've played with it a bit. It's quite bright, and adjustable.
Wonder now, who makes it, and who is Nidage.

Reactions: Eyeboltman

·
Premium Member
5,238 Posts
I find my Ace/Hansen thread tap and Die set has been a really helpful addition to my meager tool set. I did have a nice tool set; big roll cab and top box full of Mac and Snap On tools. Got them stolen so now I just have some cheap craftsman and kobalt junk.

• Sad
Reactions: Tony-chicago

·
Registered
7 Posts
Learned the hard way on cheap shop tools.

drill bits for example. I need HSS bits so I pay for quality. bought a Drill Hog set....was disappointed and told them so ....so they sent me their "Premium" set and was disappointed with them as well.

My Dad gave me some quality HSS bits that work great. Don't know the brand.

If anyone here has a recommendation for great drill bits , let me know.......and not ones that work great for 3-4 times and then get dull ( I do use cutting oil ). I don't need a set. I only need 3-4 specific sizes .
I have had good luck with quality Dewalt bits.
I buy all my drill bits from a local industrial supply house. I find their performance to be far better than any bit found at a big box or hardware store. The type of bit that I buy depends on what I'm drilling - sometimes it's just HSS bits, other times I buy cobalt bits. Their reputation is on the line, so they're not going to sell me some cheap steel bits that are dull after a couple of uses. Therefore, I don't worry about the brand they sell me - whether its Chicago-Latrobe, Cleveland Twist Drill. Morse, etc.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 · (Edited)
Broken bolt or stud removal tool. It does require a bit of space to use, but if you can get a tight grip on the stud it works great. I have also used it to grab the head of a stripped pan head screw with success.

Tool Gas Drill accessories Auto part Engineering

Font Electric blue Metal Fashion accessory Bullet

Household hardware Gas Jewellery Auto part Button

I have had it for about 2 years now and it is holding up well, although it doesn't get used that often. For less than $20 it has been a good tool.

·
Super Moderator
348 Posts
Before you open the spoiler on this one look at it and try to figure out what is. It came with a tool I bought years ago.
Wood Tool Metal Nickel Hand tool

This is a rattler. It is for breaking loose rusted bolts and screws, goes on an air hammer. It has 2 snap rings so your wrench doesn't ride off the hex and a 3/8" drive on the end. It had a 5/16" socket on it when I got it. I think they were using it to break loose stubborn brake bleeder screws.
Metalworking hand tool Gas Tool Stonemason's hammer Hand tool

·
Registered
932 Posts
Jewelers loop
View attachment 196702
View attachment 196703
I use it for fine work, reading information on drill bits and milling cutters, and inspecting traces on circuit boards.
Because it allows both hands free, I also use it to pull slivers out of my fingers.
I take those little suckers off of old VHS-C video cameras and use them for close up reading. Best part is they are "free"

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
Handee clamp ...... gets you into those hard to reach places

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
I bought a bunch a few years ago for x-mas gifts for my wrench brothers, was a gift that was well received & nobody had even heard of it.
Just bought one for $18; Thanks!

·
Premium GOT Member
9,949 Posts
Not a tool but very valuable.
Those blue shop towels from Costco.
When on sale a great value.....I use one for a couple days. very sturdy.

I used to use those red shop rags but my wife won't wash them anymore for some reason.

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
Reactions: orangputeh

·
Premium GOT Member
9,949 Posts
Great thread.

I remember seeing these around, my dad worked in a truck equipment shop.
Sounds like what I need. I can only find sets and sets of 10. I do need quality drill. Got a Drill Hog set that was highly rated but I was highly disappointed.

·
Registered
95 Posts
61 - 80 of 118 Posts